Movie Review: Something Borrowed (2011)

Ref: Something Borrowed (2011)
I saw a screencap, I saw John Krasinski, I had to watch it.
----
No quotes really stood out to me.
----
I have this major thing for old, cheesy rom-com that it’s actually sort of disgusting. Maybe not to disgusting but I am definitely trash for them.
This movie specifically was nothing too out of the ordinary and I wish I was more satisfied with the ending to give it any better reviews.
It’s very much a typical romance-comedy, the main dude always wins-type feel, there’s nothing too special going on with this film here. The hot guy gets the hot girl wants the dorky girl and the dorky girl has a friend and he likes the dorky girl and he never gets her because she likes the hot guy yes yes yes, that’s my most ideal situation in life ever (of course I kid).
Nothing really wowed me about the cinematography or anything of the technicalities within this film, then again I wouldn’t really watch any romance-comedy if I were very interested in seeing how well it was produced (LOL).
The content of the film was pretty typical, nothing very new and nothing too much of a heart-throb for me which was kind of sad because I wanted to feel something more, I wanted to be more closely related to the main characters but it felt like the audience was an outsider, we are looking in at a fabricated world here (which is very clear from the start but I just wanted to note that).
I honestly wanted Ethan and Rachel to be together in the end, that’s what made me very unsatisfied because he was the best character in the movie, let’s be very honest.
Rating: 7/10, nothing too bad, nothing too serious, if you’re interested in like another typical, cheesy romance movie, then this is absolutely it.


Comments

Popular Posts