Poem: Pride and Prejudice (inspired vers.)

Pride and Prejudice (inspired vers.)
Too much pride for love
and too cool for cheesy romance stories.
To pay attention and to seek it,
Life must be hard as a man in this battlefield called Love.
Pouty faces and averted eyes;
your muted conversations,
my fixed persona.  
Silent lovers with loud heartbeats,
Still feet and shaking hands.
Why must I torture myself?
Defeated tongues,
Neither of us willing to say a thing.  
I curse the possibilities that never happened.
I look down at my watch, then you;
The end seems tangible from here.
Wandering eyes and shut lips,
I regret everything.
In my head, you’ve already broken my heart many times before.

Unspoken stories we both know clearly;
faking and pretending, our forte,
Life moves on.
Dry throats,
Gulping down words they don’t speak
And kisses they don’t give.
I choke on tears that cannot roll down my face.
The silhouette of you is nearly complete;
detailed precisely with even the tiniest strand of hair,
Everything has to be perfect.
Why must I torture myself?








You’re too cool for love,
and too cold for life,
and too horrible to Me.
Anxious minds and secret plans,
Quitting is too hard for the both of Us.
Can’t you lower your pride just a little?
or maybe you cared less than I expected.
Do They know about us?
Does anyone know?
Envy flying like a flame back and forth,
burning those holding it;
I’m not entitled to be upset.  
Your silence angers me
and I hate You and yet I don’t and I can’t.
Why is it You and not Them?  
Why is it Me and what if it’s not me?
Constantly taking silent bullets,
The Sky becomes my friend.
I made you up in my head,
There is nothing that’s real.
I faked it all.  
Pride and Prejudice,
Tell me what is more important;
There’s nothing but love.


Comments

Popular Posts