Poem: Recognition

Constantly making decisions in spite of others,
Being mindful of my own footsteps in order to not step on your feet
I’m tired of living my life for other people
In fear of what others would think
Why do you even matter to me at all?
What does it matter if you like me or not?
If i like you then it’s fine, but if you hate me i shouldn’t give a shit anyways, right?
I’m constantly breaking myself over nothing, fucking myself over for no reason,
Cautious without reason,
Losing myself without reason.
Am I angry at you or just angry at myself?
I’m an independent, strong girl,
Why is it that i need someone to reaffirm that I am who i am?
I am perfect, the perfect princess forever holding my place in the sky above you peasants,
Why should it matter what the world thinks of me?
I’m invincible in spirit,
Crooked at heart but crazy in psychology,
Fight me if you want, that’s all i ever wanted anyways.
I shouldn’t live my life for you.
I should live for me
And me only.


Comments

Popular Posts