Movie Review: Juno (2007)

Ref: Juno (2007)

This movie was it for me. It really repaired a good chunk of love for humanity in my soul. Seriously speaking, Juno's character was great. I really loved the contrast between the personalities, it was really something for me. She was a strong lead, so unique and so out of place with everyone, I just loved her. I also love how Michael Cera always fits that exact role in films, and I'm agreeing with everyone who has said this previously. He's just so... indescribably fit for the dorky, nice guy who's kind of weak in dynamics (not saying it as a negative thing-honestly I love his character). Juno and Paulie's relationship was really cute, there's nothing more pure than his love for her honestly. He was so genuine and it really restored my love for humanity.

No complaints on the technical side, I honestly am in love with a good handful of the shots within the film itself (one in particular would be that ending scene where she's biking to his house and where they are sitting center-frame singing with each other).

Genuine love gets me.

Note: I really loved a good few of quotes from this film (I say this with most of the films I love, but Juno's dialogue really has me near the heart because she's so snarky and I love it) but this one is my all-time favorite.

Comments

Popular Posts