Movie Review: Perks of Being a Wallflower

Hey,

I watched this movie in like increments when I was in high school. I really thought watching films and really movies like this would make me a part of the media so I stayed away from watching the entire movie but honestly this one is really really good. The concept is so compelling that it reminds me of a play that I went to go see for my acting class just recently.

The main character reminds me of someone that I am very very familiar with at this moment (minus the incident with his Aunt), just the way he talks and his overall personality seems to be the same, I find it really really interesting and I just think his character is so cute, innocent, and adorable it makes my heart melt. The scene where Charlie helps Sam with studying for her SATs and he acts like he doesn't even see her come into the restaurant, that part was just so pure that my heart couldn't stand it. There were many times where I had to pause the film and just scream out "Charlie!" because I could not handle how adorable he was. Logan Lerman was definitely a great cast for the role.

The entire plot and how it was displayed, slowly and steadily really got me actually. It wasn't revealed until the end that the Aunt wasn't such a good person afterall and the fact that Sam at some points really reminded him of his Aunt really frightened me slightly, now rethinking it.

I honestly don't know how to describe it. The contrasting roles and positions of the characters; Charlie's innocence and Sam's "untamedness" intrigued me the most, it was a really nice flow of the story, new concept and definitely introducing new things and experiences of the high school life that no one really talks about or highlights in those fantasy romance shitty films, let's be real. This movie really gets to the meat and the heart of the painful high school memories and yet they will always be recognized as the years to "find yourself" and really be a processing and finding who you really are. There was just so much going on within the plot itself that really got me having fireworks in my brain, like that whole thing with Patrick and his secret relationship, that was one. The whole drug thing too haha, I felt it to be more comedic from that perspective but definitely told a good story on it's own.

Anyways it's 10/10 for me, I loved watching it (this is really like my 3-4th time watching it? but I guess this one counted more as a whole first time experience since I watched it straight through this time).

Comments

Popular Posts