Movie Review: Sixteen Candles

Ref: Sixteen Candles

I couldn't even finish the movie because it was terribly filled with bullshit. Racism and sexism is all I could ever want in a movie! I figured that it would be a good, romantic movie where the girl who has a crush actually gets the guy yadda yadda yadda, but that's not what it turned out to be.

I made it just a little into the introduction of the stereotyped Long Duk Dong character before I had to shut it off. Seriously, a gong is rung every single time they say his name? And he's seen as this creepy, weird, and overly-sexual individual...did I mention he's Asian and foreign so this was taken as acceptable? horrendous. I can't believe the actor actually agreed to the role. For however much they payed me, I wouldn't even want to waste my royal spit on a piece of shit script they had.

Not to mention the entire thing about the "black guy" "pink guy" thing, if you watched it then you'd understand (I don't recommend doing that though, you'd probably want to punch holes in the wall afterwards).

So by now you can tell I haven't finished the film, but I did take a good look into other reviews of the movie itself which allowed me to "mentally finish the movie" (which has spared me from an even bigger explosion of anger, thank God). According to my sources, the dork and the jock make arrangements to "get the girl" (the main lead) and the jock basically gets his girlfriend drunk and knocked out and allows the dork to "do whatever he wants with her" while he continues to pursue the main lead. That's enough to make me pass a bullet through my own brain, but I won't... not yet.

I figured that since it had a similar cast from The Breakfast Club, it would be a forgiving film. I was wrong.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to watch it, only if you want to be completely appalled by the elements within it.

Note: I don't even want to search up a quote from this damn movie because that's how much I hate it, so please accept this picture of an angry cat.



Comments

Popular Posts